What Kind Of Review Can You Expect?


If I could describe what kind of reader I am, I would hands down say I was an emotional one. When I read I want to fully experience the book, from the emotions coursing through the characters to reacting to the twist and turns of the storyline. I'm looking for those books that fire up my imagination and leave me breathless when it's over. It's for this reason why the reviews I write aren't so much what I think and are more on how I feel. My hopes in sharing my review in this way is that something will spark an interest and have you wanting to have the same experiences. This isn't to say I don't have issues with grammar, word choices etc. Trust me I do and most times all it takes is waiting for the story to grab hold for it not to matter. When I do include things about what I thought about the book (for example I've included comments about word choices and being too descriptive), I only do so because it directly affected how I felt. I hope this helps. Enjoy!

Friday, June 3, 2011

Eternity Embraced by Larissa Ione

Eternity Embraced
Demonica series novella 4.5
Larissa Ione
Paranormal Romance

Desire...
Demon slayer Andrea Cole has always taken down the demons and vampires she hunts without mercy. But when a fellow slayer is captured and turned into a vampire by a sadistic monster, she must choose between loyalty to her family and the man she loves.

Versus Instinct...
Kaden Quinn has dedicated his life to slaying vampires, so when he is turned into one, his greatest nightmare comes to life. And when the woman he loves is thrown into a dungeon with him -- as food -- he must battle new instincts and old desires, and choose between his life, and hers.

I've heard alot of people talk about how amazing Larissa Ione is and her Demonica series.  I have a few of her books but no time to sit down and really enjoy them. So when  I saw she had a novella available, I thought to myself "Perfect. I can have a taste and see whether I'll like the series." An hour later and I'm hooked and eager to dive into the series. Larissa writes a hot romance, one with great characters and storylines. I had no trouble understanding the world within the story and I found my heart racing in parts. It definitely satisfied my paranormal loving heart.

This story started off with heartbreak and I instantly felt for Andrea. Living the life of a demon slayer, every day was filled with danger but none so painful as going into an attack knowing you may have to kill the man you love. Kaden is a Aegis warrior and after a mission backfired, he's been missing and presumed either dead or turned into a vampire. With a heavy heart, Andrea finds him and her worst nightmare is realized - the man she's in love with is now the very monster she hunts. Kaden is devastated to see Andrea because he knows why she's come. He's worried that although he doesn't feel any different, he may hurt her as the blood pulsing through her body calls to his hunger. They face off, coming to a decision that they hope will work and the rest of the story shares how they deal with the new changes in their relationship. Life isn't easy but with each other as support - there is a way.

I really enjoyed learning more about Andrea and Kaden. I felt they were strong characters who clearly had to overcome alot which made them fighters. It was a crushing blow to find themselves enemies in a cause they had fought side by side for but love really does triumph because when push comes to shove, can you really quit? I thought Andrea was brave and I loved that she took a stand to declare her feelings. Even though Kaden had "love' issues, she shared her heart and worked to find a solution.

I never knew Kaden prior to this book but as a vampire, he was definitely sexy and I loved reading how he battled within himself. He was still himself but he wasn't and as he shared he was much stronger and more feral. He had a very raw masculinity and feel about him - making him a perfect vampire and one I had no problem liking. When Andrea propositioned him at the end, I thought I'd see some hesitancy or defiance but good for him in realizing that he loved Andrea and wanted her forever.

This was a great read and one I'd definitely recommend to those who enjoy paranormal romance. Larissa is definitely a gifted story teller and I can't wait to start from the beginning of her series. I say, grab yourself a copy, cuddle underneath a blanket and enjoy - it'll hit the spot! Happy reading!

Rating:


2 comments:

Lori @ Romancing the Dark Side said...

If you enjoyed this novella you're going to devour her series...I love the Demonica series! Happy Reading!

Jules said...

I think I might have to read this! I want to be totally smitten too :)