What Kind Of Review Can You Expect?


If I could describe what kind of reader I am, I would hands down say I was an emotional one. When I read I want to fully experience the book, from the emotions coursing through the characters to reacting to the twist and turns of the storyline. I'm looking for those books that fire up my imagination and leave me breathless when it's over. It's for this reason why the reviews I write aren't so much what I think and are more on how I feel. My hopes in sharing my review in this way is that something will spark an interest and have you wanting to have the same experiences. This isn't to say I don't have issues with grammar, word choices etc. Trust me I do and most times all it takes is waiting for the story to grab hold for it not to matter. When I do include things about what I thought about the book (for example I've included comments about word choices and being too descriptive), I only do so because it directly affected how I felt. I hope this helps. Enjoy!

Monday, May 23, 2011

The Geek Job by Eve Langlais

The Geek Job
Eve Langlais
Paranormal Romance

Protect the geek, that’s the job she’s been hired for, but little did this shewolf expect to fall for a man of science.

As a werewolf who hires out as a bodyguard, Lexie is paid well to perform dangerous jobs that sometimes involve taking off her clothes. When she takes on the protection of a science geek for a vampire clan, she doesn’t expect her temporary girlfriend status to come with lots of pleasure. But a geeky human who pushes all her right buttons—and plays her body oh so right—isn’t reason enough for her to break the rules and fall in love.

Everything changes after an incident in the lab, but before she can decide if it’s safe to give him her heart, she has to help him survive.




I'd have to say this is one of my favorite stories by Eve, I was completely hooked by the smexiness of it! I'm so used to reading books where the hero is this dashing, warrior, uber Alpha guy and the heroine takes a journey into growing stronger. It was the complete opposite with The Geek Job.

Lexie is the kick butt and feisty character who knows what she wants and has absolutely no problem in taking it. She's a bodyguard and good at her job which lands her with a job protecting a scientist researching something for the local vampires. Enter our hero, Anthony. This guy is pure geek, a guy who is at home in his lab and awkward when confronted by a beautiful woman. When he meets Lexie at a convention he's speaking at, he can't believe his luck that not only does she give him the time of day, but she rocks his world at night with some pretty HOT action *wink wink* Everything about Anthony is endearing and you begin to picture this sexy guy with a pocket protector and taped glasses. But it's him that does the transformation in this story and watch out, because it will blow your mind!

Lexie and Anthony come from different worlds - she's a werewolf and he's a human surrounded by supernaturals. So what's a guy to do when he faces losing the woman he's grown to love? What any self respecting geek would do.. he hits the lab and applies himself to finding the solution. This story was amazing from beginning to end, keeping me completely engrossed by the chemistry between them. I will add this (because I don't want to spoil anything) Anthony was really appealing in the beginning and he caused a soft flush to spread as I read more about him. The Anthony at the end of The Geek Job? Full blown tingles, swoon and revved engine! That man had me purring and eating out of his palm of his hand - I would've done anything he asked and more.

I would definitely recommend this book - not just for an inventive storyline and great characters but for the emotion I felt as I read it. The great thing about Eve's books is you can sit down and read it in a day. You get the opportunity to fully submerse yourself into the world she's created and become a part of it. The Geek Job shares a strong heroine (don't you just love that!) and a hero worth swooning over. Perfect for any lover of romance! Happy reading...

Rating:

No comments: