What Kind Of Review Can You Expect?


If I could describe what kind of reader I am, I would hands down say I was an emotional one. When I read I want to fully experience the book, from the emotions coursing through the characters to reacting to the twist and turns of the storyline. I'm looking for those books that fire up my imagination and leave me breathless when it's over. It's for this reason why the reviews I write aren't so much what I think and are more on how I feel. My hopes in sharing my review in this way is that something will spark an interest and have you wanting to have the same experiences. This isn't to say I don't have issues with grammar, word choices etc. Trust me I do and most times all it takes is waiting for the story to grab hold for it not to matter. When I do include things about what I thought about the book (for example I've included comments about word choices and being too descriptive), I only do so because it directly affected how I felt. I hope this helps. Enjoy!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Silent Howl by Stacey Kennedy

Silent Howl
Stacey Kennedy
Paranormal Romance

When murder threatens innocent lives, will one woman unleash the wolf within her or hide behind the human that cowers in fear.

Rynn Murphy is a werewolf and she is in a state of bliss―her junkie parents are in recovery for their drug addiction. Her Grandfather, Pops, suffering from Alzheimer’s has settled into a nursing home in Utah. And she has just witnessed the bonding ceremony of her friends, Nexi and Kyden from the Otherworld. With her mate, Briggs by her side, life can’t get any better. But this happiness is about to end as Rynn is brought to Philadelphia. As a Blue Blood Werewolf, she has been given a special gift to possess a strong scent. And after horrific murders take place in the Pennsylvania territory, Rynn must use this ability to seek the killer out. This task does not come easily, Rynn is struggling. The human in her flees from danger. The wolf in her is desperate to end his murderous rampage. Rynn must reconcile these two halves while these murders begin to cross State lines. Soon, danger will be all around them, and Rynn will have to decide what is more important―the human who remains in her or the wolves she has sworn to protect




First Line

"Plymouth,Minnesota may have been voted America's best place to live by Money Magazine, but Briggs would argue that point."


A Quick Tease

"Briggs thought he was in control of himself. Apparently, he wasn't and had reached the end of his tolerance. He forced himself to keep the glare from showing on his face, but was unable to control the anger in his voice.
"Your daughter needs to be taken care of by no one. If you hadn't spent the last years out of your mind, you would know that. She's kind, generous, loving and strong - all qualities that obviously came from neither of you."
Briggs raised his hand to stop Dr. Wanker when he was about to speak, his scowl prevalent. "And what you should all realize is that this ridiculous session has nothing to do with you. It's not about you." He pointed to Rynn who had a tear falling down her cheek. He could feel the swell of love course through their bond. "It's about her - her healing. Your words will fix nothing. Hearing you apologize is meaningless. If you want to make it up to her, get well and begint o restore the betrayal she suffers. Show her. Not until then should speak a word of your happiness because we all know, your word meaks jack shit."


My Review

If you don’t have Stacey Kennedy written down already on your favorite author list and set as an auto buy, I’ll forgive you just this once and suggest you grab yourself a copy of this book, because SILENT HOWL is another stellar performance for this amazing author. Seriously, if you haven’t read any of her books, do yourself a favor because she has a definite gift for taking heartfelt storylines and mixing them with a seductive blend of sexy Alpha males and endearing heroines. This is the second book in the Blue Bloods series and has set the bar even higher as I fell deeper for the newly mated Briggs and Rynn. Here is a couple who had been through so much, survived unspeakable trauma but had been able to forge a bond that leaves you clutching your chest, sighing. I really looked forward to seeing what this story would show me, what new adventures the couple would have to go through and I desperately wanted to see more of the connection they had. Once again, I wasn’t left disappointed and was given a smorgasbord of emotion to feast on.


SILENT HOWL begins with the swoon worthy performance by a protective Briggs as he sits with Rynn at a therapy session for her parents. As part of their treatment, there are certain things that need saying and even though he tries to control his temper, Briggs makes it clear that he won’t stand for any ill treatment of his beloved Mate. At his encouragement, Rynn begins to get training in how to bring her wolf forward, receiving this help from a fellow Blue Blood whose advice is not to fight it. Being forced to turn as a wolf, Rynn struggles with allowing her wolf nature forward, keeping the two sides of her nature separate. One part of her wants nothing to do with the danger of her new life while the newest part wants to nothing but embrace it and howl. Briggs sees this conflict and as always stands by her with supportive comments and his guiding influence. He’s not without his own struggles as he fights to keep the Alpha in him in check, his need to dominate almost consuming him at times. As Rynn becomes part of the Blue blood pack and takes on the duties that come with her gift, both her and Briggs are thrown onto the path of brutal killers, wolfs who give off a sickening scent and leave a mess of destruction, violence and insanity. Briggs wants to keep Rynn safe and she wants nothing more than to catch the murderer. As they get closer and closer to the culprits, they both become more in tune with each other and their natures, with some STUNNING results and you’re left wondering what will happen – will Briggs be able to keep Rynn safe as her nose leads her directly to the killers and will she be able to reconcile herself finally to her new life as wolf and mate in time to save herself and Briggs?

I read the ending of SILENT HOWL with my heart in my mouth, wide eyed, fingers gripping my Kindle. This is an emotion packed book that tugs heavy on the heart strings and stokes the fires with the intense passion of an Alpha unleashed. The book had all the classic Briggs and Rynn romance I’ve come to cherish and crave – the tender, sweet moments where his devotion to his mate can’t be denied and the scorching scenes where the chemistry between them causes everyone within the new vicinity to overheat. It sets a great pace and I found I lacked for nothing as I was also given closer looks at my other crush Valor. This man just oozes power for me, he has this presence that jumps off the page and makes my mouth water *sigh* Between him and Briggs, I was in heaven and I can’t thank Stacey enough for giving me such an incredible experience.

Rynn did some amazing growing in this book and I’m still stunned by the strength of character that she has. The woman had been to Hell and back, but you could count on her to do what was right. A battle raged inside of her that must have driven her crazy at times as two instincts fought for supremacy. She wasn’t given the peace of being born a wolf where pack living and all its rules came easy. She was brought up human, with a mortal sense of morality and beliefs. She was taught to run from danger, to avoid confrontation at all costs, ideals that went contrary to those of a wolf. She needed balance and I loved how she felt her way through it. She didn’t hide, she faced it and I loved that she was able to find strength through her bond with Briggs. I loved watching her wolf nature step forward and start to lead. I loved watching her take her place as the mate to a Beta. She showed great wisdom and I was grateful that Briggs and Valor valued the insight she was able to bring to the situation. I’m really enjoying her character and watching as she comes into her own so I look forward to seeing what comes next for her.

Briggs just melts me every time. He is the perfect blend of masculine sexuality and considerate sensitivity, of raw energy and commanding authority. He holds the power to make you putty in his hand and set you on fire with need. In my eyes, he is every part the hero and I applauded the stand he took with Rynn’s parents. He places immense worth with his mate (as he should) and her care, comfort and well being is his highest priority. To be under such protection blows my mind and he does it with such confidence and swagger. I can imagine him there watching his mate, his lips curled in an adoring smirk, that sexy accent of his chuckling and all I want to do is shiver. I loved that this book took a closer look into Briggs own personality, that we got to see his own struggles with his Alpha instinct and let me tell you, when he gives in and lets it reign, watch out! Briggs in all his glory is magnificent and the scene where he shows his dominate side to Rynn in private had my toes curling for days. By the end of the book, I really saw that this couple will be a force to reckon with. They’re very quickly becoming one of my favorite couples.

Reading back over this review, there’s just so much more to say and maybe say better because I don’t feel it does the book justice. To say how amazing SILENT HOWL was to read isn’t enough… to say I absolutely loved it isn’t enough. Without hesitation, I’d recommend it for all lovers of romance to read. It has everything you want and have come to expect from a great romance and will leave you sighing each time you think of it for months to come. Definitely get An Everlasting Kiss first and then grab yourself a copy of this. Be prepared to read it all in one setting because you won’t want to put it down. Happy reading!




Rating

No comments: