What Kind Of Review Can You Expect?


If I could describe what kind of reader I am, I would hands down say I was an emotional one. When I read I want to fully experience the book, from the emotions coursing through the characters to reacting to the twist and turns of the storyline. I'm looking for those books that fire up my imagination and leave me breathless when it's over. It's for this reason why the reviews I write aren't so much what I think and are more on how I feel. My hopes in sharing my review in this way is that something will spark an interest and have you wanting to have the same experiences. This isn't to say I don't have issues with grammar, word choices etc. Trust me I do and most times all it takes is waiting for the story to grab hold for it not to matter. When I do include things about what I thought about the book (for example I've included comments about word choices and being too descriptive), I only do so because it directly affected how I felt. I hope this helps. Enjoy!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bless The Beauty by Stacey Kennedy

Bless The Beauty
Stacey Kennedy
Book One - Special Agent Fang
Erotic Paranormal Romance

Murder, abduction, sparring men, love and heartbreak ― welcome to life of Special Agent, Hadley Sloan.

In Milwaukee, Wisconsin, a serial killer has been arrested for the deaths of nine women. This case, however, is far from closed. Two of his victims are alive and time is counting down to discover their whereabouts. Thus, brings in the assistance of the FBI. Hadley Sloan and Chase Finley might be Special Agents within the Criminal Investigations Department, but what their comrades don’t know is, they’re in love…or that Hadley is a vampire. Soon, Hadley’s personal life is uprooted and she is left with even more of a mess on her hands when Kellen Boyd, her vampire husband returns to sink his fangs back into her life… Hadley must juggle the two men in her life, keep her secret hidden, and locate these missing women before it’s too late…


First Line

"The warm salty rush poured through my mouth as my fangs retracted back into my gums."


A Quick Tease

"I should've expected this really with all that had taken place. He was in pure possession mode. Kellen had me, now Chase needed to stake his claim. Of course he would, it was a male response to his woman being taken by another. His body needed to remind mine that I belonged to him.
Now that I put two-and-two together, my body warmed right down to my very toes as arousal spread through me. My man was on a mission to re-establish his territory, which meant I could anticipate one hell of a ride."


My Review

Let me see if I can get my heart to stop racing and catch my breath long enough to do this book any justice with my review *takes a steadying breath and holds hand to chest* Readers I have just been taken for an exciting adventure and once again, Stacey Kennedy has delivered an amazing story. Filled with romance, heat and scorching Alpha males, BLESS THE BEAUTY is aptly titled and proves YET again, you can’t go wrong reading this authors work. Let me share why…

Nothing fills Special Agent Hadley with more excitement that stopping a killer and solving a crime. As a vampire she has it all – a job with the FBI she is passionate about and a smoking hot fellow agent boyfriend, Chase, who craves her and rocks her world every moment she’s with him. Life couldn’t get any better until a man from her past re-enters her life - a husband who obviously still adores her and has come to reclaim what’s his. Kellen couldn’t have come at a more inopportune time as Hadley faces her greatest test yet when she’s given the case of a serial killer. The crazed murderer still holds two women hostage, hidden away somewhere and it’s up to Hadley and Chase to find out where. Kellen joins the team out of curiosity and tensions fly as the crime heats up and the situation between the three of them. Chase is hurt that the woman he loves has betrayed him, failing to share her heart belongs to another but it floors when Hadley and Kellen approach him with an idea. Hadley refuses to give up Chase as she loves him and Kellen would do anything to make her happy so they offer Chase the position of Consort. What follows in the story is HEAT, SIZZLE and SCORCHING scenes as the three of them celebrate their new arrangement and solidify their commitment to one another. Hadley is in Heaven but is brought back to earth when one of the two women is found dead. Will she be able to find the last victim in time? And will she be able to live with her commitment to work within human rules if she doesn’t?

I love the way Stacey writes. She doesn’t bog you down with needless details. She describes the scene well enough for you to picture it perfectly in your mind and then adds my personal favorite ingredient – the emotion. It is so easy to feel the emotions that flow through the book, to get yourself tied up in knots because you’re right there with the characters. There’s a great flow to the story and to me it’s important because I want to get fully swept away by what I’m reading. I don’t want to be jolted or brought high just to be dropped flat. As with all her books, BLESS THE BEAUTY took hold of me and never let go until I finished. Actually scratch that – it’s still got a hold of me and my emotions *sighs* Stacey is an easy author to trust your time and heart with because she does such an amazing job with the stories she creates. I’ve said it before but thank goodness she works well with her muse because she’s always writing, always producing new stories to dazzle her readers.

I loved the characters in the story. Stacey does really well when she creates her heroines and Hadley was wonderful. She was the perfect blend of vulnerability, sass and passion. I love watching strong women give into their wants and needs, who aren’t afraid to follow their hearts and for a moment it looked like Hadley would need to make a choice. To love two men and believe you’d have to give one up… who would you chose when to do so means denying your heart? I loved that she was able to keep both Kellen and Chase, not just for the steamy scenes of intimacy but because each man brought out a different side of her. They were able to stir the fire and playfulness and it made her a great character to meet and read.

If there’s only one thing you remember from this review, this is what I want it to be – Stacey has the Alpha male down to a science. My lust list is filled with her characters and it’s without a doubt that Kellen and Chase now join them. What amazing men – strong, virile and powerful in their own ways. It goes beyond how sexy they are because they have that intense feeling about them. They hold that ability to shatter your resolve with just one glance, one curl of their lips, and one gesture. I felt so bad for Chase when Kellen arrived. Immediately my heart warmed to him, he loved Hadley and they had incredible chemistry together. When the vampire husband arrived and Chase was crushed, I wanted to jump into the book and scream “How could you? Chase is perfect! You don’t deserve him!” But as I read the following scenes with Kellen, watched how he talked with Hadley and was focused on her, I couldn’t help but shiver at the possibilities. Kellen is amazing himself. There’s powerful men who know it and flaunt it every way they can and then there’s Kellen. The man could destroy you with his pinkie finger but he doesn’t. He is soft with Hadley but firm and I love that he didn’t allow his pride to rule. Yes, her leaving him had hurt him but he was willing to do whatever made HER happy. Now put those two men together and focused on Hadley *fans self* The book sizzled and I was so happy it worked out.

I’m in love with this book and in love with this author. You just can’t go wrong, honestly! Without saying, I recommend this book and add to that, once you’re done look up her other titles and start on them. Whenever I read Stacey Kennedy, I know I’ll find a wonderful reading experience and I know I’ll walk away smiling and satisfied. BLESS THE BEAUTY will put a slight skip in your step and excitement in your day. Happy reading!

Warning: This book contains explicit sex and menage trois scenes. Enjoy *giggles*


Rating


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will have to put this on the wishlist!