What Kind Of Review Can You Expect?


If I could describe what kind of reader I am, I would hands down say I was an emotional one. When I read I want to fully experience the book, from the emotions coursing through the characters to reacting to the twist and turns of the storyline. I'm looking for those books that fire up my imagination and leave me breathless when it's over. It's for this reason why the reviews I write aren't so much what I think and are more on how I feel. My hopes in sharing my review in this way is that something will spark an interest and have you wanting to have the same experiences. This isn't to say I don't have issues with grammar, word choices etc. Trust me I do and most times all it takes is waiting for the story to grab hold for it not to matter. When I do include things about what I thought about the book (for example I've included comments about word choices and being too descriptive), I only do so because it directly affected how I felt. I hope this helps. Enjoy!

Monday, August 1, 2011

The Light of the Lover's Moon, by Marcia McClure

Adult Historical Romance
Official Blurb:
Violet Fynne was haunted-haunted by memory. It had been nearly ten years since her father had moved the family from the tiny town of Rattler Rock to the city of Albany, New York. Yet the pain and guilt in Violet's heart were as fresh and as haunting as ever they had been. It was true Violet had been only a child when her family moved. Still-though she had been unwillingly pulled away from Rattler Rock-pulled away from him she held most dear-her heart had never left-and her mind had never forgotten the promise she had made-a promise to a boy-to a boy she had loved-a boy she had vowed to return to. Yet the world changes-and people move beyond pain and regret. Thus, when Violet Fynne returned to Rattler Rock, it was to find that death had touched those she had known before-that the world had indeed changed-that unfamiliar faces now intruded on beloved memories. Had she returned too late? Had Violet Fynne lost her chance for peace-and happiness? Would she be forever haunted by the memory of the boy she had loved nearly ten years before?

What I Thought:
I'm getting afraid to write reviews for Marcia's books because I'm afraid they will sound repetitive.  I'm thinking of just starting to have a standard stamp that says something like, "GUSH, SWOON, (insert hero name here) PANTING, DROOL WORTHY, (oh and the heroine was nice too) HOT ABS, PASSIONATE KISSING, NEEDED RESUSITATION AFTERWARD, (and then a sign to hang on blog that says...GONE SPARKIN' with my Hubby...I WON'T be back soon!!!)

Yeah, I'm a Marcia fan for sure!  I haven't met a book of hers I didn't like yet!  I love all the romance and coming together of her characters, whether historical or contemporary...they all rock!!

This book gave me another few hours of blessed relief as I enjoyed the mysterious story behind the "light" of the lover's moon.  It was sweet to see childhood sweethearts reunited and how they find their way back to one another.  I loved this story, both the conflicts and the tender moments between Violet and Stoney.  I sighed my way through this historical story, enjoying every moment of the hot steamy kisses that Marcia is so famous for.

My Rating:

Reviewed by:


Lacey Weatherford
Author ~ Reviewer


No comments: