What Kind Of Review Can You Expect?


If I could describe what kind of reader I am, I would hands down say I was an emotional one. When I read I want to fully experience the book, from the emotions coursing through the characters to reacting to the twist and turns of the storyline. I'm looking for those books that fire up my imagination and leave me breathless when it's over. It's for this reason why the reviews I write aren't so much what I think and are more on how I feel. My hopes in sharing my review in this way is that something will spark an interest and have you wanting to have the same experiences. This isn't to say I don't have issues with grammar, word choices etc. Trust me I do and most times all it takes is waiting for the story to grab hold for it not to matter. When I do include things about what I thought about the book (for example I've included comments about word choices and being too descriptive), I only do so because it directly affected how I felt. I hope this helps. Enjoy!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Blood Knot by Tracy Cooper-Posey

Blood Knot
Tracy Cooper-Posey
Paranormal Erotic Romance

Winter, a professional thief who can manipulate others' biologies by touch, accidentally "healed" her former partner-and former vampire-Sebastian, whom she secretly loves. Her healing created a symbiotic pairing between them that neither of them wants. Nathanial, a sexy thousand-year-old vampire and Sebastian's ex-lover, talks Sebastian and Winter into stealing evidence that will expose all vampires to the world. But Nathanial is a puppet-master who doesn't believe in falling in love with humans, leaving Winter unsure of his real feelings for her once he seduces her, or how he feels about Sebastian, the former vampire-now-human whose life he has turned upside down once more. But the evidence they steal is hot property. The future of all vampires is on the line and others will stop at nothing to get it, leaving Sebastian, Winter and Nathanial with no allies but each other. They must trust each other to survive. Only...can they?


First Line

"He got the drop on her, but he was a vampire so he had the advantage of speed and stealth."

A Quick Taste

"Sebastian stepped in front of her so that she was trapped between his body and the glass. He wasn't touching her but she could feel the heat of him. It made the window seem even colder against her back. Sebastian's hands were curled into hard fists.
"Say it." he growled.
Winter could feel tears burning at the back of her eyes. "What purpose does it serve, Sebastian?"
"You made me say it." he said, "You want honesty. So do I. All of it. Tell me. I want to hear it, Winter."
His eyes were glittering with the emotions driving him.
"I love you." she whispered. And her tears spilled."


My Review

Wow. I have to admit I'm really blown away by the whole experience of this book and just how much I enjoyed it. When I was first approached by Tracy to review her book, I was really hesitant because I'd never read a M/M/F romance before. I wasn't sure whether I was ready for something like that but most of all, whether I would like it. I'm all for loving a woman enjoying a hunky "man"wich but how would I feel when those two gorgeous men turn their attentions on each other. Part of what made this such a remarkable experience for me was the way Tracy was able to answer my questions. I was able to talk with her honestly about how I felt and I really appreciated the way she was able to ease my concerns. I honestly don't think I would've tried the book if she hadn't have so readily helped me understand a few things and what a shame - because this book was HOT! There was so much intensity between the characters, the chemistry between Winter, Nial and Sebastian left me panting in places because they were just so heavily entrenched in how they felt about each other. BLOOD KNOT was the perfect book to introduce me to the male/male/female genre and it was an amazing mixture of sensuality, power and emotions -just the way I love my romance. From beginning to end, I soaked this new experience in and it left me craving more.

BLOOD KNOT starts with Winter - a woman with the extraordinary gift of being able to manipulate the body chemistry of others through touch. This has come in handy, many time throughout the years as its saved her life and that of her partner in crime, Sebastian. Unbeknown to her, when he is fatally wounded, she uses her gift to heal him but is devastated by the damaging effects it has on their relationship. Secretly in love with each other, Sebastian and Winter go their separate ways, not fully understanding the consequences that came from healing him and how it forged a bond that can't be broken. By themselves and hurting, Sebastian's old lover and maker enters the picture, approaching Winter for help. He is worried about Sebastian and it doesn't take long for him to realize that something is happening. After hearing all kinds of horror stories, Winter is skeptical of Nial but after making an honesty pact, they team up to search for Sebastian, unsure what they'll find when they see him. One thing that happens when emotion are involved, hearts become tangled and it doesn't take long before the chemistry between Nial and Winter develops. There is an intensity with how they feel which is then complicated when Sebastian finally joins them. Three people - each with their heart involved - each in love with the other but desperate not to be hurt again. What do you do when you heart yearns to be with ALL the people that you love and can you trust them not to break it? Throw into the situation, Nial asks Sebastian and Winter to do "one more job", pairing up again to protect the existence of vampires. The day will come when they will reveal themselves - but it'll be when they're ready and the time is right. There's danger, there's action and there's scorching love to be found in BLOOD KNOT.

I really did enjoy this story. It was just so easy to get swept up in it all and I loved how well the author crafted her story. I went expecting squick and I emerged with a lump in my throat, tears in my eyes and my heart racing because I'd become completely engaged with the characters. Tracy eases her readers into the story. She gets you used to each characters, introducing their hearts so that you begin to develop a connection. She then builds upon it, entwining Winter, Nial and Sebastian until you don't know where one begins and another ends. You're so caught up in each moment, watching what will happen next that the story flows by and nothing seems out of place. I loved that about the story - I wasn't reading along and then splat! I hit a wall. I read and read and then came to end thinking "That's it? I want more... please tell me there's more"
I couldn't get enough of the characters. Each of them had their own unique personality, with their own quirks and baggage that made them very entertaining to read. I loved watching their struggles, especially Sebastian and Winter as they tried to come to terms with their feelings for each other. All that time, they had secretly loved each other, using other people to fill the empty void and all they needed to have done was said something. Now that they're finally together and everything's in the opening, Nial is in the picture and so there is this incredible sexual tension just building and building and you know when it explodes, it's going to be amazing. I loved how Nial kind of set things up, he knew what he wanted but until Winter and Sebastian was ready to see and admit it, he had to patiently wait. He loved them both and some of the moments he created were swoonworthy. My favorite was on the plane when they were all sitting down to eat. Nial, being the vampire, wasn't able to eat but he would have Winter taste something then either lick the fork or kiss her. The enjoyment Nial and her got from eating a carrot drove Sebastian crazy that one minute he was sitting, next he was reaching over after eating his own carrot and passionately kissing Nial. It was fast. It was unexpected and it was HOT! Everything done with a level of sensuality that left me sighing.

One of the things Tracy shared about a benefit to reading M/M/F was that instead of having just one sexy alpha male, in BLOOD KNOT you got TWO. So true!! It's one thing if Nial and Sebastian were just your average run of the mill guys. They weren't  - they were in your face gorgeous men with power that just oozed out of them. Nial was the sexy vampire and Sebastian... well he was just Sebastian. Both had this singular kind of focus that when they zeroed in on Winter - she didn't really stand a chance. They were just so intense and open about how they felt. I liked that they were these uber masculine men but they weren't afraid to finally show how they felt, to admit they loved each other and that they were miserable alone. I loved watching them reach out to each other and the realness of their emotions.

I'd definitely recommend this book to those interested in trying this genre. This is a great introduction book because Tracy isn't a "slap you in the face" kind of author. She takes an interesting storyline and weaves into it characters that you can't help but fall in love with. On top of that, she smothers everything with a heady dose of sensuality so that you're left feeling all warm and gooey. I can't stress the sensuality enough. I am a HUGE supporter of sensuality in the romance I read. Everyone loves a good fun rutting, the mechanics of it all, but the magic comes from it meaning something. From the connections between two people, and in this case three, going on a journey together and finding love along the way *sigh* This book definitely satisfied all my romantic tendencies so give it a try. Happy reading!


Here's are the link Tracy shared with me when I had questions about reading M/M romance. I hope you find them helpful - both are written by her.


The MMF Thing - How To Get It
MM And MMF - Let's Try Again. Why Do Women Like Men Who Like Men?


Rating

2 comments:

Stephanie O. said...

Sigh . . well, I checked again this morning . . and BN had this book up on their site. I do not recall it having been there before, so I bought it on your COMPLETELY SEDUCED rating. I guess I'm just a bookish snob follower. I am never gonna catch up to in reading, lol.

Tracy Cooper-Posey said...

Hi Belinda!

Thanks for the FB tap on the shoulder. I just got through reading this fabulous review.

Really...you have to leave a girl something to say, you know!

I'm very flattered, and so pleased you enjoyed BLOOD KNOT so much. And thank you for your lovely comments about the book. It seems you "got it" exactly. You are my perfect reader. You understand passion and sensuality and respond to it the way I wish all my millions of readers did. :)

Is it now that when you said you were going to give me your MMF cherry that I tell you my husband said "get it on video"?

Thanks again, Belinda!

Cheers,

Tracy