What Kind Of Review Can You Expect?


If I could describe what kind of reader I am, I would hands down say I was an emotional one. When I read I want to fully experience the book, from the emotions coursing through the characters to reacting to the twist and turns of the storyline. I'm looking for those books that fire up my imagination and leave me breathless when it's over. It's for this reason why the reviews I write aren't so much what I think and are more on how I feel. My hopes in sharing my review in this way is that something will spark an interest and have you wanting to have the same experiences. This isn't to say I don't have issues with grammar, word choices etc. Trust me I do and most times all it takes is waiting for the story to grab hold for it not to matter. When I do include things about what I thought about the book (for example I've included comments about word choices and being too descriptive), I only do so because it directly affected how I felt. I hope this helps. Enjoy!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Prairie Prince by Marcia McClure

The Prairie Prince
Marcia McClure
Sweet Historical Romance

For Katie Matthews life held no promise of true happiness. Life on the prairie was filled with hard labor, a brutal father, and the knowledge she would need to marry a man incapable of truly loving a woman. Men didn't have time to dote on women-so Katie's father told her. To Katie, it seemed life would forever remain mundane and disappointing-until the day Stover Steele bought her father's south acreage. Handsome, rugged and fiercely protective of four orphaned sisters, Stover Steele seemed to have stepped from the pages of some romantic novel. Yet, his heroic character and alluring charm only served to remind Katie of what she would never have-true love and happiness the likes found only in fairytales. Furthermore, evil seemed to lurk in the shadows, threatening Katie's brightness, hope, and even her life! Would Katie Matthews fall prey to disappointment, heartache and harm? Or could she win the attentions of the handsome Stover Steele long enough to be rescued?


First Line

"Breathing a sigh of perfect contentment, Katie Matthews gazed into the bright azure of summer's sky."


A Quick Tease

"Raising a hand to her face and letting his thumb trace her lips, he whispered, "I'm gonna kiss ya now, ya know."
"I-I know." Katie stammered in a whisper, every inch of her body burning with expectation.
Stover chuckled and asked, "Do ya want a sweet "sunday-go-to-meeting' kiss? Or a good "the Devil's-out-after-midnight" kiss?"
Katie tried to breathe steadily, tried to ignore the euphoric trembling of anticipation wracking her body."


Short And Sweet Review

This was such a delicious story - from beginning to end. I love reading Marcia McClure because I can always guarantee reading some of the juiciest kisses imaginable whilst being wrapped up in the snuggly feeling of romance. Even now, I'm sighing heavily because this story has left quite an impression. I love the way Marcia captures those tender moments between two people, especially as sparks are beginning to fly and I love her stories that are set in historical time periods. I wasn't always a fan of westerns... but I'm telling you - I love this authors cowboys.

Set in the old west, in a small US town on the prairie, Katie dreams away her day waiting for her prince to come and rescue her from the drudgery of her life. Living with an abusive father, she doesn't hold much hope for escape and with the slim picking of decent, eligible men in town, Katie is somewhat discouraged. This all changes though with the arrival of sexy Steel Stover (sigh doesn't his name sound magnificent!) Straight away he captures her attention and with the cutest triplet sisters, she makes quite the impression on him as well. He takes one look at her dressed up in wild flowers and whether he'll admit it or not, Steel is SMITTEN.

This wonderful story takes you through those breathless moments where they flirt back and forth and Steel endeavours to put a blush on Katie's cheeks. One of my FAVORITE scenes is when he catches her up in the tree house, spying on her older brother "sparking" and being the man to never let a golden opportunity to go by, Steel uses it to teach Katie a thing or two on kissing. Totally swoon worthy and those magical kisses are just one of many in the book. I love the way he pursues Katie and the great feeling you get as you watch two fun characters fall in love.

Steel is such a hunk! I don't know what it is about men of those times or whether it's the way Marcia writes her heroes, but especially after this story, I just wanted to go roam out on the prairie, waiting for my Steel to come riding up on a horse. LOL of course, I'd make sure it was my husband but you understand where my romantic heart was leading. I could totally see me being one of the many girls in the area who went doe eyed and weak kneed as he past by and he was just such a gentleman. I love a man with manners, a man with passion, a man with a sense of humor but most of all SWAGGER. Steel has all that and Katie was such a lucky girl to capture his heart.

You won't ever see me not recommend a Marcia McClure book. Whenever I've had my fill of erotica and I'm just craving some good old fashioned romance, her books are always what I reach for. I can't help myself because they always leave me with a smile on my face and wanting more. Marcia has a real easy flow to her writing and once you start reading, you don't want to stop. She has the great ability of getting to the heart and soul of love and relationships and I think that comes because she has that in her own life. One look at her and her husband Kevin, and you can tell they're deeply in love. That flows into her books and creates magic. Definitely grab yourself a copy of this book. It's a great way to spend the afternoon - just be prepared to end up in a gooey mess. Happy reading!


Rating

No comments: