What Kind Of Review Can You Expect?


If I could describe what kind of reader I am, I would hands down say I was an emotional one. When I read I want to fully experience the book, from the emotions coursing through the characters to reacting to the twist and turns of the storyline. I'm looking for those books that fire up my imagination and leave me breathless when it's over. It's for this reason why the reviews I write aren't so much what I think and are more on how I feel. My hopes in sharing my review in this way is that something will spark an interest and have you wanting to have the same experiences. This isn't to say I don't have issues with grammar, word choices etc. Trust me I do and most times all it takes is waiting for the story to grab hold for it not to matter. When I do include things about what I thought about the book (for example I've included comments about word choices and being too descriptive), I only do so because it directly affected how I felt. I hope this helps. Enjoy!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Into The Scottish Mist by Beth Anne Miller

Into The Scottish Mist
Beth Anne Miller
Historical Romance
Written for The Romance Reviews

Abby Sanders returns to her beloved Scotland after a long absence, seeking peace after a terrible tragedy. A chance detour reunites her with Ian Mackenzie, the love she left behind four years ago. Their attempt to rekindle their romance along the shore of Loch Ness is cut short when Abby vanishes. After a desperate search for the woman he's spent four years trying to forget, Ian is forced to believe the unbelievable: he must travel through the mists of time to find Abby. But finding her is just the beginning. Trapped four hundred years in the past, Abby and Ian must find a way to end a bitter clan feud or sacrifice their return to the present and their future together.


I love a good Highland romance and INTO THE SCOTTISH MIST didn’t disappoint in the least. I was drawn into the story of two once upon a time lovers, who after four years of separation were brought back together only to be separated again – this time by centuries. Filled with moments of great tenderness and passion, I eagerly turned each page as I wondered what would happen next as Abby and Ian are thrown back into a time where life was rough, clans dictated and a bloody feud had been waged. My heart melted as they once again found love in each other and I crossed my fingers for them as they worked together to get home. It was a wonderful story, one that I’m sure I’ll read over and over again.

INTO THE SCOTTISH MIST starts as Abby returns to Scotland after a four year absence. Trying to clear her head and soothe her battered heart, she finds herself drawn back into the presence of her old love, Ian MacKenzie. He’s an actor, in the middle of doing a special appearance but one look at each other and feelings begin to stir. Not able to get into what had happened to separate them, Abby flees to her favorite place by the Loch Ness. Once there she relives vivid memories of the tender and passionate moments they shared. Ian finds her, they talk and she later finds herself sharing a meal with his family. There is so much to be said between them, emotions that seem eager to be explored and as Abby and Ian talk the next morning down by the Loch, Abby disappears. Frantic, Ian searches everywhere and is dumbfounded when his father tells him the story of how he met Ian’s mother after time traveling through the mists. Sure that this is what happened to Abby, Ian prepares, travels through the mists himself but before he has a chance to search for her, is captured by a ferocious hoard of Scottish clansmen. What happens next blows Ian away as he finds himself in middle of a feud that began with the disappearance of his father and just how tightly connected him and Abby are. Once he finds Abby, will they be able to travel back and will they be able to set to right a wrong that occurred centuries before? Great reading!

I thought that Abby and Ian made a great couple and I was so happy that they were able to work through everything and reunite. I’m a fan of flashbacks when they’re done well and the ones I read in the book between the two were sizzling. I loved that the author gave those glimpses of the past because it established pretty quick just how in love they were so when Abby and Ian were able to come back to together, I rejoiced. I loved the need they had for each other, the depth of passion they felt and the image of Ian standing in his Scottish regalia would have been amazing to witness. Nothing beats a man in a kilt and he sounded incredibly sexy. *sigh* I got the perfect happily ever after from them both and walked away with a smile.

All in all, INTO THE SCOTTISH MIST is a great addition to my Highlander library and I’d recommend it to anyone who loves their men in plaid. While it wasn’t set firmly in the past the way I usually read and had the couple travel back in time, it was still entertaining and the romance was still just as intense. Just goes to show, a Scotsman is sexy regardless the century. Grab yourself a copy – it’s a fun read. Happy reading!


Rating
 


3 comments:

Bookish Brunette said...

Oh this looks good! I bought The Trouble with Spells last night, I hope to get started today!!

C.G. Powell said...

I love a man in a kilt!!! I will have to add this to my reading list.

ChrisS said...

The book name drew me in. Sounds like a great book. Thanks for the review.