What Kind Of Review Can You Expect?


If I could describe what kind of reader I am, I would hands down say I was an emotional one. When I read I want to fully experience the book, from the emotions coursing through the characters to reacting to the twist and turns of the storyline. I'm looking for those books that fire up my imagination and leave me breathless when it's over. It's for this reason why the reviews I write aren't so much what I think and are more on how I feel. My hopes in sharing my review in this way is that something will spark an interest and have you wanting to have the same experiences. This isn't to say I don't have issues with grammar, word choices etc. Trust me I do and most times all it takes is waiting for the story to grab hold for it not to matter. When I do include things about what I thought about the book (for example I've included comments about word choices and being too descriptive), I only do so because it directly affected how I felt. I hope this helps. Enjoy!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Spirit Bound

Spirit Bound

Richelle Mead - Young Adult Paranormal

Rose's life will never be her own. She has been outrunning death ever since the accident that forever bonded her to her best friend, Lissa - whom she's sworn to protect no matter what.But with Dimitri stalking her, Rose can only run so far. Dimitri gave Rose the ultimate choice. But she chose wrong… After a long and heartbreaking journey to Dimitri’s birthplace in Siberia, Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir’s—and to her best friend, Lissa. It is nearly graduation, and the girls can’t wait for their real lives beyond the Academy’s iron gates to begin. But Rose’s heart still aches for Dimitri, and he's out there, somewhere. She failed to kill him when she had the chance. And now her worst fears are about to come true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and she knows in her heart that he is hunting her. And if Rose won't join him, he won't rest until he's silenced her...forever.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this book. Let me say it again. I LOVED this book. It's the 5th book in the Vampire Academy series and I just have to say that they just keep getting better and better. I was really impressed with Rose this book and how I really admired the determination and loyalty she shows to those she loves. I love the passion that she has when she sets her mind to something and my heart broke for her when it seemed what she wanted was always out of reach for her. A big surprise in this book was how much I grew to love Adrian. When I first met him in book 2, he felt kinda smarmy to me and I was unsure about how he was going to fit in. Not in this book. Adrian was amazing and I saw him in a totally new light. He wasn't as shallow as I thought and even though I'm a Dimitri and Rose fan, I could hear my heart cheering for him and his love for Rose. Like I said a real shock but definitely appreciated. But here's what always pushes the book over the edge for me - Dimitri. Have I told you how much I LOVE this character. I loved him as the quiet and dedicated guardian, was completely smitten as he opened up about his love for Rose, was heartbroken when he became Strigoi and was 100% giddy and delirious when he became evil (I have a HUGE thing for evil bad boys)But the Dimitri in this book brought me to my knees in humble awe. Dimitri is simply breathtaking. He took me from reveling in his evilness to heartbroken at his anguish. By the time I finished the book I was worn out emotionally from the journey I had been taken on. I HIGHLY recommend reading this book, starting from the beginning and watch as you grow to love the characters like I have. It is worth the time.

Ratings : 5 stars and 2 hearts

No comments: