What Kind Of Review Can You Expect?


If I could describe what kind of reader I am, I would hands down say I was an emotional one. When I read I want to fully experience the book, from the emotions coursing through the characters to reacting to the twist and turns of the storyline. I'm looking for those books that fire up my imagination and leave me breathless when it's over. It's for this reason why the reviews I write aren't so much what I think and are more on how I feel. My hopes in sharing my review in this way is that something will spark an interest and have you wanting to have the same experiences. This isn't to say I don't have issues with grammar, word choices etc. Trust me I do and most times all it takes is waiting for the story to grab hold for it not to matter. When I do include things about what I thought about the book (for example I've included comments about word choices and being too descriptive), I only do so because it directly affected how I felt. I hope this helps. Enjoy!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Her Vampire Husband

Her Vampire Husband
Michelle Hauf / Paranormal Romance

She may resist his bite, but she can't resist his charms..

Werewolf princess Blu Masterson won't allow her seductive vampire husband to consummate their marriage with his bite, marking her forever. Alone in a secluded estate with her sworn enemy, Blu curses the marriage arranged to bring their rival nations together, especially since Creed Saint-Pierre calls out to her most feral desires. When Blu uncovers her pack's secret plot to destroy the vampire nation - and Creed - she is forced to confront her growing feelings for her sexy undead husband. Will she choose the only life she's ever known or accept his vampire bite?
(click the title to read more)

I have mixed feelings about this book. I loved the whole "enemies forced together but love conquers all" theme but I seriously spent half the book rolling my eyes at it and the other half making moon eyes at Creed. What a spectacular vampire. At 900 years old can you imagine the kind of "experience" he has and everything he could teach a lover of romance? I had such HIGH hopes for him and "those" scenes I did read had me wanting to stand up and applaud his efforts. He was a really strong character and a pleasure to read. Blu was sassy and opinionated and was the perfect balance for Creed. I loved how she had a wig for every occasion and the green one she wore for her wedding. It was such a funny image to imagine a defiant werewolf princess walking down the aisle to her also reluctant future husband, a vision of beauty except for her hair!! I loved reading how they tested each other, Blu pushing Creed's buttons only to find herself rapidly falling in love with him. The ending scenes broke my heart and gave me goosebumps, Creeds sacrifice for Blu the stuff made of legends. There was a SUPER hot hot hot scene (well I thought it was) where Blu asked Creed to feed and she watched him doing it. I didn't realize what a vamp lover I was until I read it and it had me thinking of all the "fun" things I could show my hubby. (don't you just love how some books inspire you?) However, what stopped this book from being fabulous and a full blown rant was how as the book progressed, Blue and Creed got cheesier and cheesier. My gosh, there were times were it was so thick, I was reaching for the cupboards looking for crackers. You can't maintain the image of a smoking hot vampire when he's spouting "oh I love you so much my beautiful love muffin" every few pages. By the end of the book my heart was pounding from the excitement, eyes were wet and nose dripping from crying and my head was killing me from the almost constant eye rolling. I say read it - it was good, there was ALOT of sex (if thats what you like and what I did read was STEAMY) and if worse comes to worse, you'll give your eyes a great work out.

Rating: 3.5 stars and

No comments: