What Kind Of Review Can You Expect?


If I could describe what kind of reader I am, I would hands down say I was an emotional one. When I read I want to fully experience the book, from the emotions coursing through the characters to reacting to the twist and turns of the storyline. I'm looking for those books that fire up my imagination and leave me breathless when it's over. It's for this reason why the reviews I write aren't so much what I think and are more on how I feel. My hopes in sharing my review in this way is that something will spark an interest and have you wanting to have the same experiences. This isn't to say I don't have issues with grammar, word choices etc. Trust me I do and most times all it takes is waiting for the story to grab hold for it not to matter. When I do include things about what I thought about the book (for example I've included comments about word choices and being too descriptive), I only do so because it directly affected how I felt. I hope this helps. Enjoy!

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Twice Bitten

Twice Bitten
Chloe Neill / Paranormal Romance

Merit, Chicago's newest vampire, is learning how to play well with others. Other supernaturals, that is. Shapeshifters from across the country are convening in the Windy City, and as a gesture of peace, Master vampire Ethan Sullivan has offered their leader a very special bodyguard: Merit. Merit is supposed to protect the Alpha, Gabriel Keene - and to spy for the vamps while she's at it. Oh, and luckily Ethan's offering some steamy one-on-one combat training sessions to help her prepare for the mission. Merit must accept the assignment even though she knows that she'll probably regret it. And she's not wrong. Someone is gunning for Gabriel Keene, and Merit soon finds herself in the line of fire. She'll need all the help she can get to track down the would-be assassin, but everywhere she turns, there are rising tensions between supernaturals - not least between her and a certain centuries-old green eyed Master vamp.  (click to title to read more)

I only just finished reading this book and I still want to break out into song. This book was FABULOUS. I am a HUGE fan of this series, of Merit and yummy Ethan and I was REALLY worried when I made the mistake of reading some book reviews (I know funny that a book reviewer doesn't like reading reviews) because they seemed to trash Ethan. I went into the book dreading what was going to happen and joined in with thinking that Ethan was a complete jerk. But thankfully, my BFF was a text away and she encouraged me to keep reading, that there maybe a reason behind Ethan's choices and you were right Lace, Ethan truly wasn't a jerk, he's just a male vampire who thought he had to put his House before his heart. I loved Merit in this book. I loved the grace she used when her world shattered and the sassiness she showed as she faced the fall out with Ethan. I loved her interactions with the werewolves and I was excited to see their involvement in the story. Sexy vampires and yummy werewolves in the same book - I was in HEAVEN!! I loved the night of passion Ethan and Merit FINALLY got to have and I have to tell you, it gave me goosebumps (and other things) reading it. Call me crazy but I have a thing for vampire bites and so I really enjoyed the scene. (gave me the idea of buying plastic Dracula teeth for the hubby lol) I LOVED LOVED LOVED Ethan in this book. LOVED LOVED LOVED him. Sure I was cussing him out at one point but by the time the book was over, I was gushing and smiling and sighing his name. He totally redeemed himself in my eyes and I can't wait until the next book. Like I texted my BFF - I sooooooooooooooooo loved this book and it was such a good book :)
Ratings: 5 stars and 4 hearts

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahhh!! I need to read this! I'm so darn curious about it! Glad you loved it so much! :D