What Kind Of Review Can You Expect?


If I could describe what kind of reader I am, I would hands down say I was an emotional one. When I read I want to fully experience the book, from the emotions coursing through the characters to reacting to the twist and turns of the storyline. I'm looking for those books that fire up my imagination and leave me breathless when it's over. It's for this reason why the reviews I write aren't so much what I think and are more on how I feel. My hopes in sharing my review in this way is that something will spark an interest and have you wanting to have the same experiences. This isn't to say I don't have issues with grammar, word choices etc. Trust me I do and most times all it takes is waiting for the story to grab hold for it not to matter. When I do include things about what I thought about the book (for example I've included comments about word choices and being too descriptive), I only do so because it directly affected how I felt. I hope this helps. Enjoy!

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Loving On Borrowed Time by Olivia Cunning

Loving On Borrowed Time
Olivia Cunning
Lover's Leap #1
Time Travel Romance

Lara Kensington is living a perfectly mundane life as a museum curator, when bad boy treasure hunter, Reece Jerhico, leaps into her life. Literally. Obviously distressed, Reece tells Lara that one year in the future she will be murdered. The evidence he uses to back up his incredible story doesn’t convince Lara. She thinks he’s crazy. Especially after he claims to be her future fiancĂ©. Lara would have remembered dating someone as delicious as Reece Jerhico. Hot as Reece is, Lara has a difficult time believing anything the man says until the broken amulet he wears around his neck transports them into different bodies, during a different time, in a different place--an ancient place, a cold place, a place where Lara arrives naked, hysterical, and... Norse.

On the run through time, attempting to escape a man who is hell-bent on Lara’s lack-of a-future becoming a reality, the couple must leap from one time and place to another just to stay alive. In the first volume of this sexy and humorous new series, Lara and Reece share an existence with a ruthless Viking and his captive bride and then with a noble medieval knight and the feisty lady he is determined to win.



I recently went on a short story kick where I wanted to get in, swoon hard and be left feeling dazzled. I'd read a little of Olivia's Backstage Pass *insert YUM here* so when I saw this as a recommended read for the book club I'm part of, I had to read it! My. Goodness. This. Was. So. Good.

I was really interested in reading a story that involved time travel and was curious to see how Olivia would squeeze in a story that would suck me in, considering the length she had to play with. I was drawn in straight from the beginning and instantly wanted to know more about Reece. How heartbreaking to come back for the woman you love, the woman that loved you just as desperately but she doesn't know who you are... yet. There was a good dose of danger involved as he rushed in to save Lara, the only way being jumping through time. This is where I think the story became amazing.

Each jump, they became people from the past and with the chemistry that they felt for each other, they helped make things right. This made for some amazing sexual tension and even greater swoon moments. I enjoyed the intensity of it, the way my heart was engaged and I wanted everything to be perfect for Reece and Lara because dang it, they deserved it.  I  love a romance that transcends time, one where it doesn't matter where Fate throws you it's just as passionate, just as real and just as scorching. Olivia really delivered me a story that made me squee and sigh at the same time.

What's a Bookish Snob review if I didn't gush a little of the sexy hero. I loved the danger that seemed to wrap itself around Reece. I could imagine his cocky grin and swagger, the way he looked like he was hungry at Lara and his need to protect her at all cost. He was just so masculine and.... gosh I don't even now a word other than delicious!

Wonderful thing is we can expect more from Reece and Lara in the future! This is a great story to snuggle under a blanket (or loved one) and read, full of swoon, danger and sexy moments. Perfect for romance lovers. Happy reading!

Rating:

1 comment:

AngelGoneMad said...

I totally want to read this now..will have to remember to add it to my 'TBR' pile which seems to have a life of it's own and growing non-stop!

Naomi aka Supernatural Bookworm xoxo