What Kind Of Review Can You Expect?


If I could describe what kind of reader I am, I would hands down say I was an emotional one. When I read I want to fully experience the book, from the emotions coursing through the characters to reacting to the twist and turns of the storyline. I'm looking for those books that fire up my imagination and leave me breathless when it's over. It's for this reason why the reviews I write aren't so much what I think and are more on how I feel. My hopes in sharing my review in this way is that something will spark an interest and have you wanting to have the same experiences. This isn't to say I don't have issues with grammar, word choices etc. Trust me I do and most times all it takes is waiting for the story to grab hold for it not to matter. When I do include things about what I thought about the book (for example I've included comments about word choices and being too descriptive), I only do so because it directly affected how I felt. I hope this helps. Enjoy!

Friday, July 22, 2011

Vampire Bites by Katie Salidas

Vampire Bites
Katie Salidas
Erotic Paranormal Romance

Enjoy three novella-length stories of love, lust, and vampire bites.
House of Immortal Pleasures:Blindfolded, and kidnapped by her friends, Daphne is whisked away to the famed, House of Immortal Pleasures, a Vampire-run Brothel in Pahrump, Nevada. Sometimes the only way to mend a broken heart is to get back in the saddle. At least that is how Daphne's friends see it. And since Daphne isn't showing any signs of letting that happen, they take it into their own hands. With a few shots of liquid courage, a pat on the ass, and a donated gold card, Daphne is unwillingly sent to meet her creature of the night, Connor.

Karma & Melodies:Ten years after she was stolen from the mortal world, Kendra runs into the man she had always loved. But she's not longer a human and he's a popular musician on tour with his band. Can they find a way to make love work?

Halloween Fantasies:Touted as the sexiest party of the year, the annual Halloween Fantasy Ball is the one place a girl can let loose and succumb to her wildest fantasies. Disguised as a sexy vampire huntress, Sasha captures the attention of Dante, a real life creature of the night. And this sexy vampire has a few fantasies to share.



Out of all the supernatural creatures, I will always be a "vamp girl" at heart. There's something about these characters that get me hot under the collar and wishing in those naughty parts of my heart, to be caught and bit! I'm definitely a reader who can't get enough so when I was given a chance to read Katie Salidas' book, Vampire Bites, there was never any question!

What a book! Three stories.... three opportunities to swoon.... three opportunities to fly my kink flag and celebrate the excitement of a vampire bite. I'd never read anything by this author and I gotta say, she sure does know how to please a reader. The men were swoony and I desperately wished I was the heroines in the story. Gosh, did I wish it!

So how will I do this review? All three stories were so good. I LOVED the first one with Daphne and Connor. I could imagine myself as embarrassed as Daphne after her friends kidnap her and take her to The House of Immortal Pleasures, where on the menu are ALL kinds of delicious play. She gets taken to Connor, a vampire paying for a mistake he made ten years earlier and who is on the verge of having his freedom given him. Imagining Connor in jeans, bare chest and a collar? PRICELESS.

The second story was definitely one that touched my heart. To be whisked away from a life to become a vampire, to be separated from the man you were drawn to... I was so happy for Kendra when she met up with Marcus again. What a way to be reunited though. I spent the entire story hoping that all would work out, that Kendra would get to keep Marcus and the danger of having her controlling master come for her. Left me with a sigh and smile.

The third story was BY FAR my favorite and it was the story I related to the characters the most! As shy as I am, I would LOVE to go to a Fantasy and Fetish Ball and this is where Sasha finds herself at the hottest party of the year. It doesn't take long before she catches the eye of the HOTTEST vampire in the room, Dante and he was tingle inducing. I could imagine him standing there, all in black, trying to pick out "prey". He was completely taken with Sasha and I loved the flirting between them both. Dante was THE perfect name for a vampire as well and he let me wave my kink flag when he went a little Dom on Sasha. Add in the delicious surprise part way through and I was in HEAVEN! Getting sweet lovin' from one vampire is HOT. Throw in a second vampire and the bed sheets caught on fire! Oh yeah... LOVED IT!

This is the perfect read for those who love their men sexy and fanged and appreciate a variety. I'd recommend it to romance lovers, paranormal lovers and those who like a little kink in their erotica. It gives it all in a nice smorgasbord where all you need do is choose. Happy reading!

Rating:


No comments: